Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finally huh?!!

Okay, okay so I started a blog with every intention to keep up on the posts...but you know, the daily grind just gets in the way.
Not much has changed in the world of Kellie and Jon. We are still trying, this will be the second cycle off of birth control, so who knows. I have been on birth control for so long, that I am unsure of the regularity of my own body. Time will tell. Oh how I wish it would happen sooner than later!
The monotony of everyday life is really wearing on both Jon and I. The holidays are fast approaching and this is the time of year where the money is good in our jobs, but the angry guests and the attitudes really do jade our holiday spirits. But what do you do...adult life...a mortgage, student loans, the income has to come from somewhere right? The time that we are not making money, (which isn't much) we are doing lots of projects around the house. There is a huge pest in our front yard during the fall and that is our big oak tree. We love it during the summer because it keeps the house nice and cool, but let me tell you in the fall it sucks!
We rake, and rake, and rake and it never seems to make a difference.
Here are before pictures of all the leaves:







Pile numero uno:

Pile numero dos:

Pile numreo tres:

Pile numero quatro:

Finally, 6 bags and two trash cans full of leaves this is what we accomplished:



However this is what we woke up to the next morning! A never ending cycle for the whole months of September, October and the beginning of November!!

Wow!! That was alot of leaves...the trees is pretty much bare now, so we have hired some contractors to come out and trim the tree down...it is entangled in some wires and we do not have the time or the tools to do it ourselves, plus if they mess up and a wire is broken it is their fault not ours...ha ha ha!

On another note October ended for us with Halloween... Jon had to work but I headed over to Todd, Jessica, and Kessley's house for their 2nd annual Halloween Bash. It was fun but maney moe (thank's Erin for the saying!!) was I tired. Not a youngen anymore. Thanks to Jon for the idea I had a very easy costume...I was a black-eyed pea...tell me what you think. Jon showed up after work and came a Jehovah Witness.

This one is for Noah...the nerdiness of super heros!!! His uncle Todd as venom...

Todd is getting married next week...wow did I really just write that! I guess I did...Todd is getting married next week and we are busily preparing for the event. Jon is a groomsman and I am a bridesmaid, so we get to get all dressed up!! Yeah fun! I am sure I will be posting pictures.
Well enough for an update. If I do not see everyone before Thanksgiving, have a great one!! Lots of love!!
















7 comments:

The Jeffries said...

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!! I have been waiting for those pics...LOL Noah said he wants Todd to send him his mask, because he wants to be Venom!!! Thats a lot of leaves, I don't have ANY to worry about!! HAHA!!!! You'll get pregnant sooner then later!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

The Jeffries said...

Noah constantly wants to see Todd as Venom...LOL So we are stopping by again!!! Thanks for listening yesterday!! I love you and miss you!!!

Nicholas said...

Holy Carp that is a ton of leaves! I just can't believe that was the next morning.

And I hadn't seen Todd's costume yet either. That looks better than I pictured it.

Marty Layne said...

GATHERING LEAVES by Robert Frost

Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are as light as balloons.

I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.

But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.

I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
But what have I then?

Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grow duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.

Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who’s to say where
The harvest shall stop?

Debbie and Rod said...

It's about freakin time!! When we see leaves like that we just drive away. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Debbie

Debbie and Rod said...

Isn't it time for your once a month blog???

Debbie

The Grunde's said...

I know! I know!! Will happen soon I promise!!!!